To Demonstrate and Proclaim God’s Love
Muskegon Rescue Mission is one of the oldest ministries in West Michigan serving individuals and families since 1907. We have a rich history rooted in our commitment to share God’s love with others.
At multiple locations throughout our community, we provide food, shelter, clothing and spiritual direction to those in need. By relieving the immediate needs of our hurting neighbors, Muskegon Rescue Mission is able to address the root cause of their distress and offer the spiritual nourishment necessary to effect true and lasting change.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe in the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God, that they are infallible and are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and is truly God and truly man.
- We believe in on God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures as a sinless representative and substitutionary sacrifice and that all who truly believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven and His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in “that blessed hope,” the personal return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the present and ongoing ministry of the Holy Spirit and that by His indwelling, Christians are enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all true believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.